Why is twitter becoming a prominent social media player?
Today social media is not only about connecting: It is also about business.
For companies your opinions and reviews are worth a lot of money.
Social media platforms like Twitter are used by companies to reach customers in a more human way. By following your conversations companies are able to know what things they are doing right or what they have to improve to add value to their brand.
It is also the same case with celebrities. In case you didn’t know, they are also a brand. Their names are brands worth millions in endorsements or related products.
For my application to Charlie Sheen’s #TigerBlood Social Media Intern last week, I had the opportunity to upload a video in Youtube and discuss why Twitter is becoming a prominent social media player.
The time was limited and talking to the camera is not as easy as it looks; if you could say everything you think in two minutes… but it’s done.Now I am part of internships.com and Charlie Sheen’s publicity stunt.
Well, that’s like saying that I am connected to Mr Robert DeNiro because I worked for him in his Nobu 57–which I did– but that’s another story.
Anyway, it’s good publicity for them and some exposure for me.
That’s what I call a WINNING-WINNIG situation.
- The Great Twitter/Facebook Revolution Fallacy (mydd.com)
- A New Form of Revolution? (dotcom2740.wordpress.com)
- 5 Year Twitter [Timeline] (searchenginepeople.com)
- Starting a Revolution from Your Bed: Social Media as a Modern Armory (link-assistant.com)
- Twitter turns 5 (slouchingtowardsthatcham.com)
- Twitter Launches a New Website and Video to Celebrate Birthday (mindjumpers.com)
- Do Sponsored Tweets Work? @CharlieSheen Shows Us the Money (briansolis.com)
- Charlie Sheen’s first paid tweet is a #winner (adweek.blogs.com)
- Twitter and the power of celebrity – internships.com case study (freshnetworks.com)
- Idol’s Lessons on Social Media (fortheloveofpr.com)
- Want to work for Charlie Sheen? Because he just posted a job opening… (hollywoodnews.com)
- Twitter Launches New Website & Video To Celebrate Its 5th Birthday [VIDEO] (mashable.com)
- Get the Most Out of Advanced Social Media Search (e1evation.com)
- Charlie Sheen Internship (cs.internships.com)
- Charlie Sheen’s Internship ad on Twitter (mendipmedia.wordpress.com)
- Charlie Sheen’s Biggest Win: Social Media (perkettprsuasion.com)
- Want To Be Charlie Sheen’s Intern? So Do 74,000 Others (newsfeed.time.com)
- Growing sentiment against social media? ()
Written by Alexander Acosta Osorio
March 27, 2011 at 11:47 am